Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why use the Grip Ace™ system?
A. Clean handlebars, major cost saving when wiring bars, your legal.
2. Will my GRIP ACE™ work with any motorcycle?
A. Your GRIP ACE™ will work with any basic, standard wired stock or custom motorcycle.
3. Will my GRIP ACE™ work on 7/8 or 1” handle bars?
A. Your GRIP ACE™ will work with both 7/8 and 1” handle bars. Just specify which size when ordering.
4. Can my GRIP ACE™ switches be fitted to any grip?
A. In most cases YES, if grip to be fitted meets a specified size to accommodate the switch pad.
5. Will my GRIP ACE™ work with my stock self canceling turn signal module?
A. Yes, your GRIP ACE™ uses the same signal as the stock switches to activate the stock self canceling turn signal module.
6. What can my GRIP ACE™ system control on my motorcycle?
A. Starter, turn signals, hi beam headlight, horn, L.E.D lights, video cameras, audio recorders, CD player, nitrous oxide, air ride systems, slammer systems. If you have a custom application request, let us know.
7. Where can my GRIP ACE™ module be mounted?
A. Your 1” by 1” by 5.25” module can be mounted anywhere away from severe heat, and away from all ignition components. It can be under your fuel tank or next to your battery, under your seat, oil pan or in your fairing.
8. Can I get a custom program made for my GRIP ACE™ system?
A. Yes, inquire with us.
9. How many amps will my GRIP ACE™ system use?
A. 1 amp or less.
10. How many amps can my GRIP ACE™ system operate without a relay?
A. Your GRIP ACE system can operate any accessory up to 5 amps. Over 5 amps, you must use a relay to handle load.
11. Can my GRIP ACE™ grip wire be cut and fed through my handle bars and frame, then reconnected?
A. Yes, connect your red wire to the red wire and black to the black.
12. Can I use 2 GRIP ACE™ systems on my motorcycles?
13. What’s the warranty of my GRIP ACE™?
A. 2 Years
14. Can I install my GRIP ACE™ myself?
A. If you have basic knowledge of your bikes wire diagram and switching functions, then it’s a no brainer, simple.
15. Where can I get my GRIP ACE™ installed?
A. Any local shop can wire it in for you. If they or you have questions then call or email us for assistance.
16. Must I remove any stock switches on my motorcycle?
A. NO. All stock switches can remain fully functional because no wires are cut for this type of installation. You can remove all the switches if desired. If stock switches are removed you must hard wire the engine run switch and the clutch switch. Very simple. Your ignition key will shut the bike off and remember you are customizing.